The first Turtlebox was born out of necessity. After breaking every “loud” product on the market through routine outdoor use, the idea of the Turtlebox was born in our garage, not as a business but just for personal use. Nothing else could get the job done.
Most portable speakers aren’t actually meant for the outdoors and can’t withstand the elements, the ones that can aren’t loud enough to be heard. When you’re at the beach or on an ATV, you need sound to carry in order to hear it over the wind, waves, and boat engines, you need a Turtlebox.
We soon realized that there was a huge need for the Turtlebox among likeminded adventurers and our journey began to set out to make the world’s loudest most rugged outdoor portable speaker.
- 6 x 9-inch marine-grade speaker with 1 x 1.25-inch tweeter
- IP67 water-, dust-, and impact-resistant
- 85 watt-hour 9-cell Lithium-Ion battery (up to 20 hours of music playback at lower volumes, 6 hours at max volume)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 1 x 3.5mm AUX input, 2 x USB-C ports (1 x for power delivery, 1 x for charging)
- Bluetooth stereo pairing (pair 2 x Turtlebox speakers for left/right stereo playback)
- Onboard volume and music playback controls
- Tie-down anchors
- Rubber handle and rubber feet
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 6.5 x 8.75 inches
- Weight: 10 pounds